If you find yourself stranded on the side of the road, it’s important to take steps to ensure your safety and the safety of others. One tool that can help in this situation is a warning roadside triangle. In this article, we’ll go over how to use a warning roadside triangle to alert other drivers and keep yourself safe.
What is a Warning Roadside Triangle?
A warning roadside triangle is a portable, reflective device that is designed to be placed on the side of the road to alert other drivers of your presence. These triangles are often triangular in shape and are made of a reflective material that makes them visible to other drivers at night or in poor visibility conditions. They are usually lightweight and collapsible, making them easy to carry in your vehicle.
Why Use a Warning Roadside Triangle?
If your vehicle breaks down or becomes disabled on the side of the road, it’s important to take steps to alert other drivers of your presence. This is especially important if your vehicle is not visible from a distance or if it’s parked in a location that is difficult for other drivers to see. Placing a warning roadside triangle on the side of the road can help other drivers to see your vehicle and take steps to avoid a collision.
How to Use a Warning Roadside Triangle
Using a warning roadside triangle is relatively simple. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Find a safe location to place the triangle. It’s important to place the triangle far enough away from your vehicle to give other drivers enough time to react. The exact distance will depend on the speed limit of the road you’re on, but a good rule of thumb is to place the triangle about 100 feet (30 meters) behind your vehicle.
- Set up the triangle. Most warning roadside triangles are collapsible and can be easily set up by pulling them open and pressing them into the ground. Make sure the triangle is fully opened and secured in place before moving on to the next step.
- Place the triangle on the side of the road. Once the triangle is set up, place it on the side of the road in a location that is visible to other drivers. Make sure the reflective surface is facing outward, towards oncoming traffic.
- Repeat the process. If you’re on a multi-lane road, it’s a good idea to place a warning roadside triangle on both sides of your vehicle. This will help to alert drivers in both lanes of your presence.
- Stay away from the road. Once you’ve placed the warning roadside triangles, it’s important to stay away from the road as much as possible. If you need to check on your vehicle or make any repairs, make sure to do so from a safe distance and never stand directly in front of or behind your vehicle.
Using a warning roadside triangle is a simple but effective way to alert other drivers of your presence and prevent accidents on the road. Remember to always follow the steps outlined above and stay safe when using a warning roadside triangle.
Looking to buy a safety triangle? Learn more about the BriteAngle device to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.